Sunday, April 18, 2010

Crochet Me Baby

Amigurumi: The art of crocheted cute weirdness. And a whole lotta weirdness there is. Exhibit A:

Venus of frakin' Willendorf!
 Handmade Venus of Willendorf Soft Sculpture

Finally, you can now own a sexy crocheted prehistoric pinup ('cause that's what scholarly folks mean when they refer to things as  fertility symbols). And in true DIY fashion you can even make your own by purchasing the PDF pattern.
 

Perfect for the man who has everything...except a big woman to hold at night. And much cuddlier than the stone ones the lonely prehistoric dudes assuredly used to cuddle with.

2 comments:

  1. LOL! This is great! I mean talk about having some fun and talent! I've seen the real piece, well pictures of it anyway, so I recognized it right off! This has just made my Day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only on Etsy! I think I might have a weekly post on Amigurumi - too much great stuff out there!

    ReplyDelete